Saturday, July 7, 2007

Yet MORE Grading - Week 7

This week started with a Norton Building Tradition, I threw my back out! I was starting to dig the trench for the underground electrical service with my new jack hammer, when it got stuck in the rock. When I tried to pull it out, I heard a pop and that was it! I had to get rescued by Jeanne and Kyle, and spent the next 3 days on bed recuperating.

On Tuesday I was back to work, this time with some good day laborers to do the jack hammering and digging. I took it easy that day, spending a little time cutting the garage walls with the Bobcat, and supervising the laborers.

The rest off the week was spent getting rid of more dirt. Seems like as soon as I get rid of the pile and start cutting for the garage footing, the pile reappears! On an average day I loaded and drove about 5 loads of dirt away from Buckingham. The rear footing of the garage is finally taking shape. It's a big one, 6' wide and 24" deep!


The laborers took turns jackhammering and assembling more ICFs. We now have filled up almost all of the available storage space with ICFs!


By the end of Friday, The trench was almost finished, and the pile was almost gone! On Saturday, James, my electrical contractor, came by and we installed the pull box and conduit that connects the riser on the electrical pole to the pull box.


We also installed a temporary meter and connected it to the pull box.


I set the pole for the temp meter in concrete, and I am now ready for my first inspection!

No comments: