Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Living-room Walls

Now that I have a nice level slab, laying out the walls was pretty easy. First, I drew chalk lines where the walls should be, then screwed steel channel down to the slab. The ICFs fit into the channel, keeping the wall straight and preventing the ICFs from moving around. After the first course of blocks were set, the rest went up pretty easily. After each course of ICF, rebar is laid in the webs then the next course is installed, and so on.

As the walls were going up,  I started building the shoring that would brace the walls and support the next floor above.  
By the end of the 4th day,  the walls were 8 feet high,  and the openings for the french doors,  small window, and the fireplace were created.  I'm having to wait for another rain storm to pass, so I'm taking the opportunity to order the steel posts and joists for the upper floors. Hopefully, the walls will be done by the end of the week,  weather permitting!

On Tuesday the majority of the AmDeck forms were delivered.  It took 3 trucks to bring them here,  and they completely filled the garages!  There are still almost 200 blocks to bring,  but I asked the company to hold them for a bit so I could make some room!

No comments: