Friday, June 15, 2007

A Slow Week on the lot...

Not a lot has happened at Buckingham, but much has transpired behind the scenes. The temporary electric meter has required a few meetings with city inspectors on site, and hopefully will be installed next week.

The permanent water meter has been applied for. It takes 8-10 weeks to install, but I needed to get the grading done before I applied for it, because I needed to mark the exact location and couldn't do that with the cliff in the way! The placement is now marked so the city can start the process.

The steel order for the garage footing and walls has been submitted and the steel should arrive mid next week, just when I will be finishing the detailed footing cut.

I am using a new forming techology for the suspended floors and roofs. It is similar to the ICF walls in that it is a modular stay-in-place foam form. I met with the Am-Deck representative, a very helpful gentleman named Simon, who went over my plans in detail and has come up with the order. I will place the order next week for delivery in 2 to 3 weeks. This will give me time to pour the garage footing and build the walls.

I am also working out a detailed pour schedule based on the final plans and conditions on the site. It will be a very complex series of pours, and the more pre-planning the better!

Throughout the week I have been in touch with a number of people looking for free dirt. I advertised on Craigslist, offering the remaining loose dirt, and even offering to rent a Bobcat and help load if someone wanted to take a large quantity. I got a lot of interest, but so far have only gotten rid of about 4 small buckets full! If I don't hear from anyone over the weekend, I will be renting my own dump truck on Monday and taking it away myself!

No comments: