Thursday, June 28, 2007

Now to the Details!

The last 2 weeks has been very productive, if a bit slow, because I am pretty much on my own! After the grading contractor finished his part of the job, I still had a lot of clean up to do, and a lot of loose dirt still to remove in the garage area. I rented a Bobcat and a dump truck and took turns loading the truck then driving it to the dump. It has been dirty and exhausting work, but I've been able to see progress every day, which is good.


The Scholl Canyon dump only takes free dirt from 8:00-10:00 each morning, so I can only get 2 loads there if I am fast. After that I have been driving all the way to a ranch in Sun Valley near the Hansen Dam that is charging me $20 a truckload. The money is not a problem, but the drive is long, sometimes about 90 minutes round trip!

Both of the boys have helped a few days this week. While I'm loading the truck they help level the load, and while I am gone to the dump, they have been assembling the first ICF blocks.


This is a time consuming process, but one of the reasons I chose EcoBlock was because they came unassembled and I was worried about storage space. Thank goodness I did, because even unassembled, the blocks take up a lot of space!

Here is a video showing me loading a truck, and a view of the garage cut from the inside!


Next week, I will set the steel and hopefully pour the first concrete!

No comments: